Please Review Our Policies for Your Reservation and Your Stay With Us
We Want to Exceed Your Expectations
We hope your stay in Louisville at the Bourbon Inn is a truly memorable experience. Whether you travel here for business or pleasure, our goal is to deliver excellent service and to go beyond your expectations. These policies help us both manage expectations so there are no surprises or confusion with regard to your stay. Please take a few minutes to review these policies and contact us if you have any questions.
Before Your Stay
- All guests must be 21 or over.
- We do not allow pets of any size.
You must secure your reservation with a deposit:
- One-half of the total amount for your stay; OR
- The full amount if you’re only staying one night.
If you must cancel a reservation, please call us at (502) 813-1137 as soon as possible. Because we only have eight rooms, cancellations have a significant impact on our business, and a last-minute cancellation usually means that we can’t rebook the room. For these reasons, we have a strict cancellation policy.
- All cancellations incur a $30 per room cancellation fee.
- We will refund your deposit less the cancellation fee if you cancel at least 14 days prior to your arrival date (by noon).
- If you cancel less than 14 days prior to your arrival, you forfeit the deposit and you are required to pay the balance.
- Special events such as the St. James Court Art Show, holiday weekends and major conventions require a 30-day cancellation. The cancellation fee is 25 percent of the total reservation.
- The Kentucky Derby has a special cancellation policy clearly outlined in your reservation.
- If you cancel a wedding, you are subject to additional cancellation fees, up to 100 percent of the cost.
Rates, Taxes & Service Charges
- An additional room guest can be accommodated in some suites for a $40 per night charge if arranged in advance.
- While we publish our standard rates on our website for informational purposes, your rate might be higher when you make a reservation if you book a room during a special event, holiday or festival.
- We are required to charge 16 percent in taxes: 6 percent Sales Tax, 1 percent State Transient Room Tax and 9 percent City Tourism Tax.
- We also charge a 3 percent Service Charge to cover credit card processing fees.
During Your Stay
- Check-in time is from 3 pm to 7 pm Eastern Time. If you require late check-in, please call us ahead of time so we can plan for your arrival.
- Check-out time is no later than 11 am Eastern Time.
There is a $50 fee if you lose the keys to your room.
- Smoking is prohibited indoors and permitted only in designated outdoor areas.
- You will be charged a $250 fee if you smoke indoors. There are no exceptions to this rule!
Candles, Incense & Fireworks
- Due to the historic nature of our building, and for the safety and comfort of our guests, we do not allow you to burn candles or incense in any of our guest rooms.
- The fireplace in your suite is ornamental and is not functional. Please do not light a fire in the fireplace.
- Most fireworks are illegal in Louisville-Jefferson County, including anything with a label that indicates “explosive”, “emits flaming pellets”, “flaming balls”, “firecracker” or “rocket.”
The Louisville Bourbon Inn holds a license to sell alcoholic beverages to overnight guests only.
There is a $250 fee to have professional or wedding pictures taken on the premises. No professional or wedding pictures can be taken without permission from the owners of the Louisville Bourbon Inn.
We serve a gourmet breakfast every day. Please notify us when you make your reservation, or at least 24 hours prior to your arrival, if you have special dietary needs.